Friday 22 April 2011

Art in the City, Truro Experience Wine...



“CAKE”, Sculpture....


(two becomes one...)

For Art in the City, I decided to go on a journey and discover how to make a sculpture that was a CAKE!


My Father was a baker and patisser, who with my Mother made beautiful sweets for Christmas and many Wedding cakes...


As I grew up with all that cake, marzipan and icing, I thought as a sculptor I’d try and make a sculpture that was a ‘CAKE’.

With Mum & Dad’s help, I thought it was an opportunity to learn their skills, so that they wouldn’t fade away. Passed to another generation...


With Wine Experience I designed the sculpture to coincide with the current wedding, wine and Art in the City. A celebration of past, present and future. Of passion for love, life and a life time of skill and hard work... The design of the CAKE was meant to be predominantly a sculpture in an ambiguous textural style..


A story of note is that whilst working at Treliske Hospital Dad made a huge cake depicting a map of Cornwall, for the visit of Margret Thatcher. But lets stick to cakes and not go into politics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment